“Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease.”
"Mothers are all slightly insane."
- J.D. Salinger
"Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and hope we've set aside enough money to pay for our kids' therapy."
- Michelle Pfeiffer
15. "A truly appreciative child will break, lose, spoil, or fondle to death any really successful gift within a matter of minutes."
- Russell Lynes
16. "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -Abraham Lincoln
17. "When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out."
- Erma Bombeck
18. "She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along."
-Margaret Culkin Banning
19. "The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable."
- Lane Olinhouse
20. "There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother."
- Oprah Winfrey
"Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes."
- Joyce Armor
"A three year old child is a being who gets almost as much fun out of a fifty-six dollar set of swings as it does out of finding a small green worm."
- Bill Vaughan
"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope."
- Bill Cosby
Motherhood is neither a duty nor a privilege, but simply the way that humanity can satisfy the desire for physical immortality and triumph over the fear of death."
- Rebecca West
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love." -Mildred B. Vermont
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
- H.W. Beecher
42. "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
- W. R. Wallace